I have two options.
Both will be in 2013.
My first option, and the one I’m most likely to do, is the Ironman FL 2013. It’s the first weekend in November.
- My team volunteers there every year, so all of them would be there cheering me on when I pass their station/area. This means my friends would get to go
- I’m guaranteed to get a spot in the race; volunteers get to register first on Sunday morning, and I am volunteering there this November.
- I know the course forwards and backwards; I worked there last year and my good friend from the team has done it, so he knows it too. I doubt there would be too many drastic changes
- FLAT RUN AND FLAT BIKE
- Would give me time to get in another 70.3 in the July next, so I could travel again in the summer.
- It’s after my 21st birthday. I really want to get an ironman done before I turn 21…. However, it’s quite literally 10 days after I turn 21… so meh.
- IT IS SO FAR AWAY! D: Seriously! 14 months from now!
- OCEAN SWIM THAT IS TWO LAPS! BLARG SWIMMING THE SAME THING TWICE IN A RACE SUCKS
Louiville KY 2013
Ok. Basically the only reason I want to do this one is because it’s at the end of August and then I could take a month off and then be ready to get back in the swing of things for the collegiate race season.
And I’m impatient.
I don’t really want to wait until next November to do this race….
And typing it all out makes me realize how much smarter it is to do FL over KY, but meh.
I guess getting in that 70.3 in Muncie IN next summer would be pretty fun….
Ok. I guess I have picked it, then.